Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'restoration thread'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Project Plough/Weasel Restoration (T15, T24, M29 & M29C)
    • Headquarters
    • Buy, Sell, Trade

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Categories

  • Weasel Resources (Vendors, How-To's & More)

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Vehicles & Projects


Location

Found 5 results

  1. hello everyone. I'm farily new to the weasel world and haven't actually taken possession of my weasel yet. But after doing alot of research on here and other places I've come to the same conclusion as many of you have.....that there really aren't options for how to handle track repairs/restoration. I have a manufacturer here in the US that I have worked on other projects with and they make urethane molds for conveyors. They are in agreement with me that the track bands are certainly a doable product. Now my question here is, how large or a market is this? I understand that the weasel world isn't all that large, but are we talking about 20 people or 200 people that would need bands for tracks? My goal here is make an authentic looking product that a person can then use to restore their tracks. I would like to sell this as a kit with all the bands for the tracks and replacement pads that would be slightly different than oem on the track pads. My other goal is to come in a price below what the European makers are offering and without all the international shipping issues. I would like to have as much feedback as possible on this. Thank you, Corey
  2. Hello all I had this restoration thread on the old forum before it died, I then restarted when it was resurrected last year. But that didn't last long, so now I'm starting back up again here. Third time's the charm right. The first posts will be a recap of what has been done on it since i bought it back i 2010. So I to start off, again, I bought back in 2010. And yes it didn't look much like a Weasel anymore. It was down right ugly and it also had, like many Weasels in Sweden, a Volvo B18 engine and transmission. The hardtop was luckily just bolted on so it was quickly removed, as well as the Volvo drive train. The good thing was that I did get an original engine and transmission with the weasel. When I started cutting away all the none weasel bits I found that the hull was actually in not that bad condition, the hardtop had helped keeping the water out. But the middle bulkhead had been cut away and the complete back end was missing so there was enough to do on it sheet metal wise. Being that the bulkhead had been cut away and the how back end was gone meant that the sides had started to sag. While I was removing all the none weasel parts I noticed some modifications that looked to well made to be made by bubba. This got me thinking that this weasel was one of the 100 used by the Swedish army. More on this later.
  3. jdikeman

    T-15's

    Some pictures of the project that awaits.
  4. I started the restoration of a 1943 T-24 a couple of weeks ago. I intend to document the restoration here. I bought the Weasel from a well-known Weasel collector and friend. He had stripped the hull, had it sandblasted and was starting repairs when he found a really immaculate T24. I got most everything with the purchase that I need to restore the vehicle other than tracks, including a second M29 that is ugly but fairly complete. There is a lot of rot along the floors - particularly at the edge of the floor and outer sides of the hull. The previous owner had already cut much of the right side corner of the hull off to repair it. You can see this in pictures below. He had cut the left side as well. There is a pretty good amount of rot along the floor side gusset as well as the in the lower tunnel. I spent a little while poking around to see what was reasonable to save and then decided to go deep and just cut everything remotely ugly out and start replacing metal. Next step - lots more pictures and then a lot of cutting and grinding
×
×
  • Create New...