Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 't15'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Project Plough/Weasel Restoration (T15, T24, M29 & M29C)
    • Headquarters
    • Buy, Sell, Trade

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Calendars

  • Community Calendar

Categories

  • Weasel Resources (Vendors, How-To's & More)

Product Groups

  • Merchandise

Categories


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me


Vehicles & Projects


Location

Found 4 results

  1. My name is Dan Walsh and I am starting the restoration of a Studebaker T15 weasel. I will post pictures of my restoration as it progresses here on the site. A brief history about my T15 and how I acquired it. I first discovered the T15 in the early 1970's in Nome Alaska at an old remote mining site. While at the old mine I saw several weasels in different states of repair. there was an M29 and also a T24. Several M7 snow tractors were there as well. As I looked around at all the old equipment I noticed a strange looking track vehicle one like no other I had ever seen before. It was parked in a row of old broken down dodge trucks. It appeared to be in good shape other than some of the bogie wheels had been removed and were laying on the ground next to it. The body was in reasonably nice condition. I remember thinking how odd it looked with the strange looking V shaped bogey wheels. As I continued looking at it I thought about how nice it would be to get it running again. I wondered if the owner would sell it? Later when talking to the owner I asked him what kind of vehicle it was? He informed me it was a T15 Studebaker weasel and that it was his favorite of all the weasels he owned. He said it would pull a sled with cargo in the winter better than his other weasels. He said it was in need of suspension parts and that he hoped to get it going again "one of these days". I thought to myself about how long it had been sitting there broken down and imagined at least 10 to 15 years. In the summer of 2015 I had gone to Nome Alaska as I usually do each year to visit and do upkeep on my property there. While there I decided to take a trip out to revisit the old mine site to have a look around and see what was left of all the old military trucks and weasels I knew were still there. I also had heard that the new owner wanted to clean up the site and get rid of the old vehicles. When I got to the old mine site It was eye opening to see how much damage the years of sitting out in the open air had done to the old vehicles. The T15 now had huge holes rusted through the body around the engine and radiator area. The engine being exposed after many years of sitting outside was a mass of rust. The windshield had been shot at and now had two large bullet holes through it. Miraculously the large headlight had been spared. I decided then that I would try and make a deal with the new owner of the site to purchase the T15 and the other weasels an M29 and a T24. I was glad that the new owner was willing to sell them. The M29 and T24 were so badly rusted they were beyond repair and that stripping them of any salvageable parts was all I could do. The M7 snow tractors were long gone. Since the site was remote and across a river that could only be crossed by vehicles at certain times of the year while the water was low enough and was not frozen, time was of the essence to get the items removed before the river froze up as it was now late September. After a couple weeks of work all the items I had purchased including the T15 were removed. In 2020 I shipped the T15 out of Alaska to Washington. My plan to rebuild the T15 will be to start with rebuilding the engine and suspension parts first. Then move to wiring harness gauges, windshield etc.All peripheral items will be repaired, repainted before the body work will begin.
  2. T-15 Demolition Charge cases for the T-15 Each held 3 lbs of TNT in the original configuration. 3 required per vehicle. One on engine bulkhead and two on either side of the driver. often missing our cut out. $125 ea
  3. jdikeman

    T-15's

    Some pictures of the project that awaits.
  4. Guys, I'm doing a short run of weasel ski racks. these are made like OEM from an original blueprint. First picture has a spacer in there to hold the rack closed without skis. I'll have about 5 sets that are unaccounted for. 365/set or 315 if you supply and weld on the pull. The pulls I supply are NOS. Thanks, Rob
×
×
  • Create New...