F.Janssen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our Weasel Data!! Due to missing, and broken and such, I can offer the following.

1st Type UST-24

2nd USA number ???? missing plate. Have one, but it lists this Weasel to be a M29C (fake data plate, confirmed fake)

3rd Ord number ???? same missing plate.

4th Body ---- This tag is broken, only 3/4 inch of the left side remains and 1/2 inch on right side. However the letter "U" is on the left hand piece. Which leads me to the Type of UST-24. 

5th DoD ???? missing plate.

6th Engine ???? It's a Ford straight 6 replacement.

7th Trans ???? It's a Ford Automatic. Has a trick looking Hurst shifter mounted to the instrument panel. 

8th Arn number ???? 

9th Other number ???? nothing real that would help has been found so far..

Other info - Has a complete Rebuilt tag.... REBUILT-LETTERKENNY ORDNANCE DEP  next line LATE - MAY 1954

Minors - Has the double 9 bolt setup on each side for Airborne plates to be added and skirts on each side. 

Missing - Almost everything Military. Does have roll bars front and rear. From the ski resort it spent several years at.

But it's now safe, not sitting in the open like it has been for the last 10 years. Last time running also.

And it belongs to my Wife and I and we "hope" that I can rebuild/restore it over the next 2 or 3 years. 

Your help and guidance as to where to find parts in the central Florida area would be Great.

Sorry about the lack of true data that I can give about this Weasel, but what more can I say.

Thanks to all that submitted their data.

Stay Safe Everyone.

Later 42rocker and Wife

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you find yourself in the Weasel jam I found myself in because of missing data plates and you would like to have a better idea of what where when your Weasel could should be then check out this great thread.

For those like myself these two threads made by good folks help us to try to figure out what could should be there.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Later 42rocker

• 2 weeks later...

@digitalbase02 There are two numbers:  a "hull tag" located on the center bulkhead, on the right side of the vehicle, facing toward the passenger area.  The second is a dataplate that is riveted to the same bulkhead immediately behind the driver seat.

If the tags are gone, there are other changes that will help identify the Weasel....so post pictures.

1 hour ago, Lighthorse 31 said:

Congrats Mark!  Nice looking M29C.  I am working on a set of French tracks - like you have - they are heavy but very robust.  Looks like a great project.  If you are up for it, I would encourage you to start a build/restoration thread and share what you are up to.  We all learn!

Patrick

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Frank. Dave here with some more info. The serial number for my Weasel is 7699. I have since found that the Registration number is 40185397-S. Also the Hull Tag Number falls in between 4250-4285. I looked at several of your charts you have compiled. It looks as though my Weasel should be an M-29 with the serial no. of 7699. What do you think?

41 minutes ago, D.R.H. said:

Hi Frank. Dave here with some more info. The serial number for my Weasel is 7699. I have since found that the Registration number is 40185397-S. Also the Hull Tag Number falls in between 4250-4285. I looked at several of your charts you have compiled. It looks as though my Weasel should be an M-29 with the serial no. of 7699. What do you think?

Yess, 40185397-S is correct for yours. Its an M29C because M29C starts with #3103. M29 ends with 3102......Yours is a contract II-022-2045 Weasel.

Edited by Ronny68

• 1 month later...