Accelerator Control Mod MWO ORD G179-W9

OZM29C

A Weasel owner over on the Weasel FB forum asked for some photos of the Accelerator mod that I have retrofitted to my weasel. I thought that I would capture the information here on this forum first in the hope that future weasel restorers can use this information as a reference. The first photo shows a comparison between a modified accelerator pedal and an OEM accelerator pedal. Top pedal is OEM, bottom pedal has been modified. I have also posted a copy of the MWO that came with my mod kit.

Accelerator mod pedals.JPG

MWO ORD G179-W9.pdf

The next photo shows the cut-out made in the instrument panel and the modified bell crank support. The OEM bell crank is re-used in this mod. Disregard the accelerator return spring and bracket. I relocated these for ease of access.

IMG_2099.JPG

• Like 1

Finally I had to drill a hole in the instrument panel to allow the accelerator connection rod to pass through. I got the hole location a bit off centre so I had to elongate the hole. The modified accelerator assembly works great. Cheers. JW

IMG_2098.JPG

Edited by OZM29C
spelling correction
  • Like 1

I have to give you props OZ for generating this post! I haven't started any work on my Weasel yet, but I gather this modification is to eliminate the pesky throttle cable system to something less troublesome. Yes? Thanks for the PDF of the W.O. too by the way.