Joe's Motor Pool Voltage Regulator

OZM29C

First let me say that I am not associated in any way with Joe's Motor Pool or its vendors. A bit off topic but some reference to a weasel here. I am returning my Ford Gpw back to a running condition and one of the last task was to set the electrical system back to work. As I have a 12V system I had set aside a spare 12V regulator taken off a Weasel many years ago. I fitted this regulator and started the engine to find the Amp gauge going off the scale. The headlights were like spotlights in brightness. Put my multimeter on to find that the system was charging 18Volts. After doing all of the usual checks I decided to open the regulator and found that someone had been there before. To make a long story short no amount of adjustment and the usual points gap cleaning and checks would coax this regulator to charge normally. It was either 0V or 18V. Not having another spare regulator I purchased a JMP solid state repo replacement regulator. The only adjustment for this regulator is to make sure that the little internal toggle switch is switched to the 12V setting. Put it on the Jeep, started it up with fingers crossed and voila, it worked perfectly. So for a Jeep or Weasel, the JMP regulator might be a worthwhile consideration. PS @Patrick Tipton Patrick I did read the manuals highlighted in your Portrayal Press Video😀

New regulator in box.jpg

New reulator.jpg

joe-s-motor-pool-early-6-12-volt-regulator-circuit-board-for-ford-gpw-willys-mb-slat-mb.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are finicky little beasts John.  You have to adjust both the voltage and current solenoids because they are connected with a resistor....at times I have found it very confusing what exactly is happening - particularly since we don't have the test apparatus that a tech would have had back in 1945. 

The solid state device looks the part and serves the purpose.  I have not heard any complaints about them.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Like 1