Jump to content

What kind of tracks are these?


Recommended Posts


I have this track, it is belted, with reasonably heavy duty grousers . 

Can I have input on what they are and how they last?

Anyone know if they had rubber road pads? (I dont really see any)




Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RAS1 They are called Ambillary tracks. I can't be sure of the spelling. Post war production and used extensively in Antarctica. Photo below showing an EPF Weasel fitted with them. No for the road pads. They also attached Ice grousers to them. The LAR tracks were based on this design. Is that your new floater project? Do share😀




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info! I thought they looked similar to Lars tracks.

I will make a separate entry on my weasel adventures. Needless to say, patrick was right. Somehow weasels seem to multiply....its never good enough to have just 1. I took the advice of many posts on here, if you want a floater, it's better to buy a complete unit rather than piecing 1 together. 



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...