New floater project!

Pips_Blaauw

Hi guys!

I recently got my hands on some floaters for my Weasel! They are not in the worst shape I ever seen them in, but there is some work to be done... They came with a Weasel (reg: 40196426) that was unfortunately to far gone for us to restore... These floaters will be restored to the best condition we can, in order to be bolted onto our Weasel. The markings of the donor Weasel will be painted on the inside of the floaters, in order to keep their original identity alive.  We then hope to make our Weasel "water" worthy again! In the hopes that, one day, we can take it swimming.  On the front floater is still some kind of identification number (2L? 114001). Can someone maybe tell me what that can be? Ive seen some pictures of Korea USMC Weasel markings in this place... But might it be a ww2 number of some kind? I will try to keep updates with pictures! I could also post them in the floater thread if preferred... 

Regards, 

Pips! 

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.12.54.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.12.45.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.12.34.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.12.26.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.12.18.png

Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 17.13.30.png

• Like 4

On 1 of the sets of floats I recently recovered the USA# was centered on the front float. The only numbers I could find on the 2nd set were on the right rear.

Your number only seems to be on the left, I wonder if it was a state water-craft reg. number. It would be interesting to see where the USMC numbers were located.

DSCF5886.JPG

DSCF5888.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 11:46 PM, OZM29C said:

@Pips_BlaauwFantastic Find. Well done👍 I look forward to following your restoration Journey. Its just a matter of time and patience to restore your float tanks. Look at my front tank before I started as an example.

IMG_4131.jpg

You certainly are correct! I have actually learned a lot from your photos! Once we start the restoration process, I will try to add them to the floater thread!