M29C floating tanks

Pips_Blaauw

Hi all! I finally bought a Studebaker Weasel, its a late production M29C. It runs and drives great, altough i will touch it up in some places. It does lack the floatation tanks, skirts, and every other part related to a swimmer.... Does anyone know if there are drawings or plans of these parts? That way i can reproduce them...or any floating tanks available for sale in the EU are also welcome ofcourse... Hope to hear from you!

Regards, Rob

@Pips_Blaauw The weasel float tanks are an engineering marvel. Having the drawings would be a real asset however my best advice would be to persevere and try to find a set of tanks no matter what their condition or where they are in the world. The photo below shows what the bottom of my front tank looked like when I got it. If Patrick @Patrick Tiptonhad a sticky page or some such I would happily post all of my float tank repair photos for you to look at. There are other forum members who would also add to this sticky page with their own float tank experiences.

IMG_4127.jpg

8 hours ago, OZM29C said:

@Pips_Blaauw The weasel float tanks are an engineering marvel. Having the drawings would be a real asset however my best advice would be to persevere and try to find a set of tanks no matter what their condition or where they are in the world. The photo below shows what the bottom of my front tank looked like when I got it. If Patrick @Patrick Tiptonhad a sticky page or some such I would happily post all of my float tank repair photos for you to look at. There are other forum members who would also add to this sticky page with their own float tank experiences.

IMG_4127.jpg

Thats amazing! I will certainly have a look at all of them! my local war museum (Overloon oorlogsmuseum, Nederland) has a M29C weasel, my dad and I are going to try to get measurements from that one so we can start to make drawings ourselves. These pictures will help a lot!! Thankyou!!

6 hours ago, Patrick Tipton said:

@OZM29CJohn - I started a new sticky thread - Float Tanks - here: https://forum.portrayalpress.com/topic/6236-all-things-floater/

Thanks for all of your contributions John - your dedication (and other posters) is what makes the site a value to Weasel enthusiasts!

Thanks for the link!! and ofcourse all the trouble of everyone to put the pictures there 😉 

• Like 1