Track rebuilding in progress

Raffi

Hi 42rocker, any plastic material supply house can provide you the material.  I was fortunate enough to have all the material I needed in my personal storage from past projects.  Here are some more pics. One track done, one to go! Enjoy

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

• Like 1

I have a T24.  The belting kit I'm using came from Tom (Snake River 4x4). The holes were already punched.  He offered/sold this belting kit several years ago.  His website is still active.  Look under weasel parts for more pics and description of belting kit on his website.  Goggle "snake river 4x4" and it should take you to his website.

I upgraded the drive train to diesel power and hydro-static drive (think of a tracked skid steer). Machine turns effortlessly even in gravel or dirt.  Has plenty of torque.  2nd day of testing.  Still experimenting/researching different hydraulic drive motors as trying to achieve a top speed of 15 MPH or so without losing torque/track power. Rest of machine will be restored to stock OEM appearance.  Will start a separate thread on the drive train once it is dialed in. 

IMG_1572.JPG

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Raffi said:

I upgraded the drive train to diesel power and hydro-static drive (think of a tracked skid steer). Machine turns effortlessly even in gravel or dirt.  Has plenty of torque.  2nd day of testing.  Still experimenting/researching different hydraulic drive motors as trying to achieve a top speed of 15 MPH or so without losing torque/track power. Rest of machine will be restored to stock OEM appearance.  Will start a separate thread on the drive train once it is dialed in. 

IMG_1572.JPG

Very unique power train adaptation. 👍One observation though but definitely not a criticism, 15mph tops will be a painfully slow speed to drive a weasel at???? 😥

• Like 1

Nice work Raffi. The rear differential housing was not only a big cast gear container, it gave structural integrity to the hull and supported the rear axle housings as well. I think that I would want to build some sort of structure that would tie the hull sides together to help prevent the track tension from bending the sides. Just sayin'.