M29 floor/hat channel drawings?

darth_kitten

I've scanned the manuals, and maybe I've missed it, but is there a set of drawings for the hat channel locations on the floor? If not in the manuals, does anyone have a part number so I could order from Studebaker?

I have most of the hat channel locations relatively intact on my hull, but some of the "J" channel is completely missing and I'm sure there are some hole locations missing as well.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

• Like 1

@darth_kitten Probably not the answer you are looking for but realistically I believe that this is your only option. I am sure that drawings may be available from Studebaker that will cost both time and $$$$$. In order to keep your restoration project moving along, my best advice would be to seek out another weasel where the assembly in question is still in place, can be measured, photographed and reverse engineered in order to fabricate a replacement. Aiming for 100% perfection at times can be an unrealistic and perhaps an unecessary goal.

• Like 1

@darth_kitten Hope this sketch will help.Hatchanelandholelocations.thumb.jpg.bf516f54c4af7145b30c512d4de31776.jpg

The hole locations and seat hook brackets are the same on both sides of the J channels. I have not measured the holes forward of the bulkhead as I could not access then right now. Please let me know if you need them as well and also if you need the hole locations in the hat channels as well.

The drawing numbers for the complete hull assembly are;

952800 - Hull draft - This is for the T24 and M29

954381 - Adaptation Bow and Stern - This is for the M29C

• Like 2

Here is another version in standard measurements.  This drawing was made a little early in my restoration process and we didn't update the CAD other than on a physical sheet (which probably was eaten in my shop).  I see several errors, mainly in the gas tank area.  Alexander's drawing is missing the hat channel that sits right on on the "bow curve" under the gas tank.  You can see it in mine.  Mine is missing the "gas tank strap bulkhead" that goes at the rear edge of the gas tank (and to which the gas tank straps are mounted (see Alexander's drawing) - the hat channel sitting in the middle of my drawing is fiction.

Between Alexander's drawing and mine...you should get really close. 

Also, my drawing is a T24/early M29....main difference being the extra hat channels added to the M29C in the passenger compartment closest to the bulkhead.

FloorNotes28.jpg.7a1d42af9a59098ec7e08bd2583cab9c.jpg

• Like 3