New build oil leak

Bravo28

Greetings all - Bobby in TX.

The oil pressure issue resolved. I thought the oil pan gasket leaked so I prepped for a replacement. Oil pan has been off 1 week and this is the same area where the 20240427_140110.jpg.b52c7a9c34a541fe3120a9b96f3bfd5f.jpgoil leaked. Recommendations??

On 4/27/2024 at 4:12 PM, Bravo28 said:

Greetings all - Bobby in TX.

The oil pressure issue resolved. I thought the oil pan gasket leaked so I prepped for a replacement. Oil pan has been off 1 week and this is the same area where the oil leaked. Recommendations??

Did you install the little wooden block SEAL SD-197178?  It is a little piece of wood that gets jammed down under the cork seal - between the block and the rear main cap.

Yes, these were two tiny wooden blocks inserted on each side at rear main area?

Oil seems to be coming from in-between the block and plate. Maybe an issue with them or there is oil from original leak caught up in this area and is just draining out?

Getting ready to reinstall oil pan and will give it a go in a couple of days. Whoopee!

The Champion 6 crank has that strange labyrinth seal.....  It would be coming out of the seal I think.....although it looks in the picture like it might be sneaking past the cork gasket?  We hate to have leaks, and sometimes....seems like we end up with one anyway.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Patrick.

My first car was a '65 Corvair🤣 Talk about oil leaks - I think I developed a phobia, but kinda learned to live with'em. So much so that 40 yrs later, I still own a Corvair🤣

To you🍻