Seller issues

I'm not one to bad mouth people. Especially if they can't speak for themselves. I've been restoring flat fender jeeps for about 30 years. And have some minor issues. I recently have had an issue with a gentleman in New Mexico. It was difficult at the beginning but sometimes you go through difficult people just for the part. But this time it was a total disaster. I had an error on my end I accept full fault for. I'm restoring a 42 gpw, 47 cj2a and gathering parts for the weasel. This man asked for a postal money order and I sent him a cashiers check from my bank i meant to send the a cashierscheck to another and sent him a postal money order( he was fine with it). When he recieved it he was not happy. Our messenger conversation was not a good one, plus it was 2 diffrent messenger posts(kinda thought I was getting hustled). After speaking with a few guys on this forum about him they said they have had the same issues and won't deal with him again. I asked these guys if it's OK to post about it and his name and was told I should. His name is Jeff garcia out of new Mexico. He blocked me right away. And said he's sending my money back. Here's hoping. $319.00 it's for some spot light parts. I'll post the screen snips of the conversation. My intent is not to bad mouth him. Just provide some caution if you have to deal with him. I wish I'd know of him before hand I would have walked past this transaction. Especially hearing the dealings they had. This is my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. This is a great community of guys here. And I'm new to this group. The last screen snips is the 2nd messenger set. If I'm needing corrected please hold me accountable for my miss conduct. 

Matt R

Screenshot_20240724_123552_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123601_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123623_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123632_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123644_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123651_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123701_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_123707_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_124217_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_124225_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240724_124232_Messenger.jpg

Matt:

Sorry you had troubles.  I have had good luck in general with people in this hobby.  That being said, there are always a few.  We sent $259 worth of manuals to a guy recently - he wanted to return two because he didn't like them.  We had no problem accepting the return and giving him a partial refund.  Then he filed a claim with his credit card company for the entire amount - essentially stealing $259.  Life is too short! 

There are others out there with spot lights and Weasel parts.  They will come to you, particularly once you get to really working on the machine.

Patrick

• Sad 1

I can attest to the above individual being difficult. At the time I was looking for my first weasel, I reached out to him and  asked for a few photos of a couple projects he had for sale, nothing more. When I shared with him I decided on purchasing a different project, he blocked me on FB. I guess he was angry I didn't want to buy what he was offering. Oh well, he'll get none of my money or recommendations either.

Did you end up checking with Mid West re the Brian Asbury spares?

Jeff Garcia has in the past  bought up a lot of desireable Weasel spares and it appears that he is not doing anyone any favours with his pricing regeme nowadays. I guess that he is looking for a return on his investments. I dont know what he is up to asof late as I left the Weasel Fb group years ago after being abused for offering a member constructive weasel advice. At that time Jeff was diligently peddling his wares. Cash is definitely king with most private transactions however stipulating that an expensive item needs to be paid solely by a post office money order is just too risky for the buyer. No protection whatsoever. Attractive as it may be I would personally walk away from the deal. Cheques and Money Orders are really dated methods of payments nowadays. If he was that keen to sell (tax man withstanding) he would do it by PayPal or some such payment service or just simply a direct debit bank transfer.

• Like 1