Sign in to follow this  
Sir Plus

Drive Wheel Removal Problem

Hello All, this is my first weasel restoration and a new member to the forum. I ran into a problem removing the drive wheels. After consulting the TM, I removed the axle bolts and pulled out the right side axle. But there were no seals or lock nuts, etc. as pictured in the TM, just a hub like sleeve with no visible means of removing it (see pics). The drive wheel spins freely so I thought maybe it was just pressed on, after some taps with a rubber mallet I gave up. Is there  a special threaded removal wrench for this? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

steve

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

If I am looking at this correctly Steve, there is a seal/cover.  Look carefully at a screw hole and you can see that there is a flat piece of metal that is a part of the seal.  You need to take that off and then you will find bearings, nuts and lock washers. You should be able to gently tap it or take a putty knife and gently separate....

...and welcome aboard!  Awesome that you have all those original markings!

This is how the oil seal with housing,  that Patrick is talking about, looks like. The picture is showing it from the backside. You should be able to pry it off.

IMG_6190.thumb.JPG.39428aa4e9773bb325bbfe785f182582.JPG