Weasel Colour Schemes

OZM29C

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, OZM29C said:

I have saved a number of photos that show the different colour schemes that weasels have been painted over the years. The first photo is a weasel used in Task Force Frost

M29C _Task_Force_Frost_1950s.jpg

Would the m29c have been in a winter camo for the us army in wwii? Or did they all come in od? I like the floater with the white and black camo.

Dave

Ok, more color questions.  On the original white weasel,  was the camo pattern in green or black? 

Was the canvas top solid white, white with green (or black) paint for camo, or green with white camo paint. 

Ty

Dave

14 hours ago, OZM29C said:

@RAS1Dave, the school of thought when I put the question about the Operation Frost Weasel colour scheme was that it was OD and white, not black and white as it appears in the photo l. 

What about originally off the assembly line?  What was the color?

Ty

Dave 

1 hour ago, RAS1 said:

What about originally off the assembly line?  What was the color?

Ty

Dave 

@RAS1Dave, I haven't been able to find out much information on Task Force Frost other than the exercise was conducted post WW2 so there would be a good chance that the weasel pictured was initially  painted in Semi Gloss OD.