Weasel Windshield questions

Merc51

Hey

Does anyone have the following info?

Windshield glass dimensions? (to get them cut to...)

Glass thickness ( just in case its different from flat, easy to get glass.) 

Type/ style and size of the rubber "glazing channel" that the glass sits in in the frame

Am doing 2 windshields shortly.

Tks.

Dennis

Hello Merc51 @Merc51,

Apology for taking time to get back to you but I had to dig out of my shed an old Weasel windscreen pane that I had saved.

A bit of a disclaimer here. The dimension below are 'As Measured'.

The length of the glass is 689mm (2' 3-1/8")

The height is 402mm ( 1' 3-13/16")

Thickness 6.35mm ( 1/4" inch)

BTW the pane is laminated safety glass

You will have to double check my conversion from Metric to the old imperial units as I don't work in that system.

The channel rubber extrusion I believe is unique to the weasel. I purchased a NOS length many years ago from Patson Parts in Alaska but I am told that they have closed up shop and Dave Yamulla has acquired their weasel parts inventory.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Ah, good to know! I soaked the screwheads in paint stripper to help unstick them, cleaned, and soaked in wd40 overnight. No go. Used an impact screwdriver and twisted off 4 heads and tore up the slots on the remaining 2. Now that I see what's there, I can punch out the remains and construct new ones on the lathe. I will be pulling it apart, cleaning, oriming, and painting before the glass guy puts in fresh glass. Thanks very much for the pictures! Big help.

Idaho Jim

3 hours ago, Idaho Jim said:

Ah, good to know! I soaked the screwheads in paint stripper to help unstick them, cleaned, and soaked in wd40 overnight. No go. Used an impact screwdriver and twisted off 4 heads and tore up the slots on the remaining 2. Now that I see what's there, I can punch out the remains and construct new ones on the lathe. I will be pulling it apart, cleaning, oriming, and painting before the glass guy puts in fresh glass. Thanks very much for the pictures! Big help.

Idaho Jim

@Idaho Jim I will look tomorrow on my work PC as I am sure that I made some drawings on those screws. 

• Like 1