Wtb pioneer compass or bracket

RAS1

Hmmm. Yes. But. I love the compass. It could be a field modification 😀😀😀. I think it is a super cool accessory.  I am interested in factory but I dont mind stretching a bit for this one!

Ty

Dave

It would be nice if a reman compass mount could be made. That is the hard part to find. I would be interested and know several others that have an interest as well. It also could be made on a milling machine from aluminum. Not original but??

Dan

T24 Compass Mount.png

Edited by M29

On 6/24/2021 at 5:03 AM, Patrick Tipton said:

Dave...Weasel's are like cereal box toys...you need to collect them all.  I see a T24 in your future!🤣

I have had weasel pox since I was 10. I have had it under control until this year. I already know how this disease works. 🙂

On 6/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, M29 said:

It would be nice if a reman compass mount could be made. That is the hard part to find. I would be interested and know several others that have an interest as well. It also could be made on a milling machine from aluminum. Not original but??

Dan

T24 Compass Mount.png

At some point someone had those castings done. We just need to find out who.

9 hours ago, M29 said:

Go online look for

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=273306

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=183071

http://www.questmasters.us/1943_T24_991_Page_2.html

I have already checked. Maybe Steve Greenberg can shed some light on it. I think he is a friend of John  Wilson OZM29C

Dan

@M29 Dan, " I think he is a friend of John  Wilson OZM29C", that me 😀 As I said over on G503 Gordon McMillan was the last fellow I knew who cast a batch of Compass brackets and that was 15 plus years ago. I don't know of anyone else who has again reproduced a compass bracket. I do remember that I had to do a lot of machining to allow the compass to fit inside the housing. I suspect that there was some shrinkage of the metal during the casting process. The first photo below shows the top surface being trued prior to drilling the mounting holes. Second photo shows the amount of metal I had to take off the inner surfaces in order to allow the compass to fit.

IMG_0650.JPG

Compass inner surface.JPG

because of this forum, you helped me track down steve on G503. I among others emailed him, he took his bracket off and has reproductions being re-made.  Thanks Patrick for the great forum!

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I received my brass compass bracket!  It looks great, steve did a great job.  He has several left at this time (7/22/2021)

I would like to know what the correct compass nomenclature is for the weasel?  Is it a pioneer 1830? or a B16?

Thanks,

Dave