Welcome

Patrick Tipton

9 hours ago, Martyn2261 said:

Hello from the uk,just into my willys jeep restoration..my thoughts already moving on a possible next project..hence the weasel forum!!

Really intrigued by the m29 and I'm enjoying the research!!

No doubt I will be asking numerous dumb and probably stupid questions to those in the know!! Hopefully I will get some not so stupid answers

I enjoy Patrick's shop time ,very informed and helpful,so happy weaseling!!!!

Welcome @Martyn2261 to this great forum. I am sure that you will glean a good deal of information about weasels from here. I believe that probably the most important aspect to consider with weasel ownership is the tracks. As they say, a weasel without tracks is a garden ornament. Fortunately nowadays there are a number of solutions to overcome the track problem. @Patrick Tipton Patrick's tremendous shop time Youtube channel is a credit to him and its good to see that you are a subscriber. There are a number of restoration blogs on this forum and are well worthy of your time to read. Finally there are some great UK weasel owners both on here and over on the weasel FB group. The weasel is truly a unique machine. Cheers John W.

Hello from the uk,just into my willys jeep restoration..my thoughts already moving on a possible next project..hence the weasel forum!!

Really intrigued by the m29 and I'm enjoying the research!!

No doubt I will be asking numerous dumb and probably stupid questions to those in the know!! Hopefully I will get some not so stupid answers

I enjoy Patrick's shop time ,very informed and helpful,so happy weaseling!!!!

Why thanks Patrick, very enthralled with your weasel track wrestling on youtube..I know exactly what you mean when you say,heavy ,awkward,finger pinching and very trying, I have excavators,tracks,bodies and fillers are always a pain

Quick question, 3 speed gearbox,a T90?? I read somewhere, is that as in later jeeps as an upgrade to the T84,if so I have a couple..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Martyn2261 said:

Quick question, 3 speed gearbox,a T90?? I read somewhere, is that as in later jeeps as an upgrade to the T84,if so I have a coupl

Yes sir...there is a MWO for swapping the T90 for the T84....like with the jeeps, a better transmission.  It requires a little mod to the transmission mount, but is a frequently seen modification.  I have returned mine to the T84 configuration because I suffer from purist tendencies, but for a runner....a fine choice!

• 1 month later...

Morning, All! New Member. My dream list to restore would be a Weasel (with float tanks), a Willys MB or Ford GPW, an M-35 Deuce and a half, an M-117 track, and a Bell Model 47. I'd be happy with the Weasel and a Jeep, happier with the Weasel, Deuce, and Whirlybird! It only takes money! LOL

I'm a HUGE "fan" of the 1st Special Services Force, their weapons and equipment. Hence joining here. 

Y'all have a great day!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody!

New on this forum. We (2 brothers) hail from The Netherlands. We are the proud owners of an early M29 with serial number 1744.

This forum is a very good source to learn what we need  to know about the M29 Weasel. 

We also learned a lot from watching Patrick T's youtube channel on restoring the T24! Thanks for that P!

Hope to learn more and meet other Weasel addicts!😇

The roof which you see on the photo below is already gone btw..........😉

20220610_114054.jpg

20220610_105119.jpg

Edited by Ronny68
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, F-D Zernia said:

Welcome, looks like someone built that on to have fun with. The perimeter rails should have protected the hull from trees. Good luck with your project. The more you get into it the better things get. 
Fred

Thanks Fred!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All

I'm Rob from Italy and some years ago I got a T24 weasel.

Hope to find there infos and help with the restoration. I don't know exactly when I'm going to start with this project, but first of all I have to study about it.

Cheers

T24 (81).JPG

• Like 1