Finally found the weasel for me.

Amphibious Detecting

The sprockets and tracks need a little work but I don't think thats going to be the end of the world.  I can probably build up the teeth with weld I would imagine if I know what the profile needs to look like.  Unless someone is punching out fresh sprockets.  Came with a spare track so I intend to rebuild that one and swap it out for the 1 original track thats on there.  

20210327_144924.jpg

I would call them direct really nice people to deal with. I have them and don't see any problem with them. Holes all lined up nice  I have run mine not a long way but 20 to 30 miles and see no appreciable wear. Also they are extra wide on the tooth. Rick Wark had run them and may have had an issue not sure though. NOS sprockets are hard to find and I don't think Liberty auto is making them anymore so in my view we are lucky Accurite is still making them. I am going to be ordering another set from them soon for my other weasel.

• Like 1

Got the second weasel home from Glenn and inside.  This ones in a lot worse shape then the other but I'll do something with it.  The tub has some rot for sure.  The tracks are smoked in every sense.  The grousers are shot and the belts are toast.  Hasn't run in 5 years but im sure that's as simple as filing the points.  Bogie wheels all need to be redone and some straightened.  Gas tank and windshield are missing as are the body tags.  Simple stuff haha.  

20210409_161239.jpg

20210409_161251.jpg

20210409_161305.jpg

20210409_161308.jpg

• Like 1

Dan I am not really sure.  Glenn said it was an odd machine to him because it had some parts on it that he said probably shouldn't of been on it.  I will ask him for more in depth details on that as I should of written it down.  These tracks are going to be a fun fabrication project.  The bogies I am assuming I could mold new after I straighten them.  The grousers and belts I have some ideas about punching out new ones.  I figure I will swap the sprockets on the first weasel so that it's not skipping on the port side.  Then get to work on this one.  I'm about a month and a half out from swapping those sprockets based on my current to do list getting everything out for summer 🙂  But I can't wait!

What does the tag say on the bulkhead behind the driver seat? Tracks already look belted how bad are they? Track pads from what I can see look really good no bends broken tips? The track rolled up looks good to for reconditioning.

Dan

Edited by M29