WTB Spark plugs wire or just ends

RAS1

I talked with vintage wiring of maine, they can't make spark plug wires anymore because they are missing the weasel end.  Does anyone have some good used ones or new ones I could buy and send them to have them made?

Let me know!

Dave

@RAS1Dave, I can't see why you could not make the spark plug wires yourself. The spark plug caps and grommets would be available from most G503 Vendors and the cored HT wire would be available from a good Auto Electrician. You might have a bit of trouble finding this little weasel gem below. Its the spark plug cable retainer.

IMG_1058.JPG

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, OZM29C said:

@RAS1Dave, I can't see why you could not make the spark plug wires yourself. The spark plug caps and grommets would be available from most G503 Vendors and the cored HT wire would be available from a good Auto Electrician. You might have a bit of trouble finding this little weasel gem below. Its the spark plug cable retainer.

IMG_1058.JPG

What! A spark plug cable retainer! Omg I must have it. Why are there so many hard to find cool parts! 😀 Can you give me more direction on a vendor who has the correct ends?

Thanks!

Dave

54 minutes ago, RAS1 said:

So my weasel is an m29c serial number 5096.

What is correct for spark plug organizer loom, the grey flat one pictured by m29 above, or the circle one?

Thanks

Dave

2 hours ago, RAS1 said:

What! A spark plug cable retainer! Omg I must have it. Why are there so many hard to find cool parts! 😀 Can you give me more direction on a vendor who has the correct ends?

Thanks!

Dave

https://www.joesmotorpool.com/ford-electrical-system/206-joe-s-motor-pool-ht-spark-plug-cap-ht-lead-male-end-refurb-set-for-ford-gpa-gpw-willys-mb-slat-mb

@RAS1Thank you.

Since this part is one of those parts that are originally made from unobtainium. I made one, from some scrap thinwall tubing I had laying around. Dimensions in the drawing below.

79676738_905699-Sparkplugwiresupportring.thumb.jpg.b8f88d43e56173a69e9f0cdf84b96f85.jpg

I flared the ends by placing the tube piece on the round end of a ball peen hammer and then used another hammer to knock the ball end of the first hammer into the tube, creating the flare. I then repeated the process on the other end, cleaned it and painted it with some cold galvanizing paint which I gave a slight polish after it had dried.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, I finally found the ends of the spark plug wires in europe.  I have sent them to vintage wiring, but now they are asking me about the correct length for the weasel?  They say they have 3 different patterns.

I have an M29C, so any ideas on correct lengths to tell them would help.

thanks,

Dave

On 6/24/2021 at 3:07 PM, M29C3284 said:

@RAS1Thank you.

Since this part is one of those parts that are originally made from unobtainium. I made one, from some scrap thinwall tubing I had laying around. Dimensions in the drawing below.

I flared the ends by placing the tube piece on the round end of a ball peen hammer and then used another hammer to knock the ball end of the first hammer into the tube, creating the flare. I then repeated the process on the other end, cleaned it and painted it with some cold galvanizing paint which I gave a slight polish after it had dried.

As always, fine craftsmanship!  Nice to see my friend. 

• Like 1