Weasel parts available for sale.

Jesse Browning

We recently disassembled two fairly complete Weasels just for the float tanks. The hulls were pretty far gone, but even there are some good parts if you’ve had doors cut in yours. We have all kinds of parts that I was missing when I restored mine several years ago, and had to search high and low or make them. Let me know what you might need. No tracks, wipers, spotlights, seats of course. I ship slow as I depend on others to do the leg work (just ask DRH).

Edited by Jesse Browning

We also have winch drive train parts: sliding clutch and fork, telescoping drive shaft, the bearing and shims, and locking ring for the lower pulley. Lock ring and thrust washer for splined shaft. Send us your bracket, splined shaft, shift arm and pulley and well put it all together. $500 for all that. We have both of the cable clamps. The rest of the parts are available commercially NOS. 

0C47D71F-3DD7-4D89-9FF2-9F1CF321B02A.jpeg

• Like 1

Jesse, BZ on your work. Can I make one suggestion. To improve the longevity of the winch drive universal joints I have modified my winch drive universal joints and retrofitted Lovejoy Rubber boots. To ensure that the rubber boots are secured in place I had to machine a small groove into the universal joint. Perhaps you could machine the grooves in your universal joints prior to assembly. That way it is a straight forward job to retrofit the rubber boots at any time in the future.  BTW OEM Lovejoy universal joints do have this groove machined into them.  Pictures below better tell the story. Cheers

8 November 2018 (1).JPG

8 November 2018 (2).JPG

8 November 2018 (3).JPG

8 November 2018 (5).JPG

8 November 2018 (6).JPG

• Like 1

Good idea. Were not marketing any universal joints for the winch drive as they are available new from several sources. The ones in the pictures are just for testing. One comment though, if all weasels are like the one I had, the fan would not clear the rubber boot on the u joint under it. It was real tight. At the time, I had considered replacing the entire contraption with a magnetic clutch like on my John Deere mower.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 10:27 AM, Jesse Browning said:

We also have winch drive train parts: sliding clutch and fork, telescoping drive shaft, the bearing and shims, and locking ring for the lower pulley. Lock ring and thrust washer for splined shaft. Send us your bracket, splined shaft, shift arm and pulley and well put it all together. $500 for all that. We have both of the cable clamps. The rest of the parts are available commercially NOS. 

0C47D71F-3DD7-4D89-9FF2-9F1CF321B02A.jpeg

Do sell just the separate parts???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jesse,

I’m curious what you may have left in the way of floater parts. We will not be working on this for some time but any time is good to accumulate parts. It seems most of what you manufactured I could use. Also when you parted out the other machines might you have a rear return roller assembly? I really only need the shaft and hardware as best I can tell. 
    I’m probably only 2-3 hours drive from you. We live just southwest of Milwaukee. I am interested to correspond about this when you are able.    Thanks

Fred

• 3 months later...