New build no oil pressure

Bravo28

I have send out some big thank you's to you guys for helping me along with this adventure. Learning so much.

Yup, very first thing I looked for was the plug. Ha. 

Ordered the shaft from D. Yumulla today. Studey Intntl has them from '47-'60 but couldn't confirm Weasel usage.  Have the block stripped and waiting for parts to swap out the shaft.  To your good health,Cheers Gents!🍻

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are in business!!

Thanks to all once again and virtual cigars (of sorts)

Aluminum Camshaft gear, a steady idle, and an oil pressure reading. Temp. Steady at 180ish, oil pressure was good but started dropping as hoses leading to gage and oil filter began dripping. Completed break-in and addressed some coolant seepage.

Wasn't able to load video but here's the final count down at lowered rpm.

Screenshot_20240404_170516_Camera.jpg

• Like 1

So excited for the progress forgot to say the cause. Yes, apparently the gasket on the pickup tube failed. A piece was somehow dislodged?? 

Pressure now reading 35-40. Need new hoses at gage and filter as these allow oil to seap through. 

Bobby🍻 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Bravo28 BZ on your efforts so far. Getting the engine to run on the test stand is a major milestone completed. Now unfortunately you have the rest of the restoration to complete before getting to enjoy your Weasel 😪 I think the old saying 'Patience young grasshopper, patience' is worth a mention here. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1