Engine color gray

F.Janssen

For the t-24 through M-29-C

I like to use Rust-Oleum light machine Gray. This matched up to the original gray i found 

Items that where gray  as follows.

Drive line, fuel tank.   Black symbolized a replacement part.

But i believe that the exhaust was black, also top and bottom of carb and the distributor.  Oil canister, canister bracket regulator bracket

Everything else should be gray.

Note i have found what appears to be original gray paint on the manifold.

For the T-15.  It appears a slightly darker color was used.

Rust-Oleum dark machine Gray

Edited by James Di Giovanni

T15 air filter was black as well as radiator and shroud as well as starter and generator. Some new old stock parts I have acquired were black or olive drab. Several restorers of the T15 are using olive drab as the engine color? From the manual it looks like the engine was gray. 

Dan

Hi James and Dan,

From what I found on my Weasel there are a few slight differences.

Manifold - Black (with grey overspray)
Distributor - Black
Distributor Support - Grey
Oil Filter - Black (with grey overspray on the lid)
Oil Filter Bracket - Black (with grey overspray)
Regulator Bracket - Black
Starter - Black
Generator - Black (with grey overspray)
Generator Bracket - grey
Oil Filler Tube - Black (with grey overspray)001.thumb.jpg.a2b523050f822579f27949eb72428885.jpg

I assume that the engines were assembled with all the items having their original colour and that the engine got a final grey paint which over sprayed the black. 

Edited by F.Janssen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a newer equivalent for Rustoleum light machine gray rattle can? I can only find a gallon and it’s 45 minutes away? All retailers are out of stock. I found one on-line retailer but they charge a haz-mat fee on top of shipping. May have to buy a few newer gray cans to see what’s close.

20 hours ago, Prc148 said:

Is there a newer equivalent for Rustoleum light machine gray rattle can? I can only find a gallon and it’s 45 minutes away? All retailers are out of stock. I found one on-line retailer but they charge a haz-mat fee on top of shipping. May have to buy a few newer gray cans to see what’s close.

Try rustoleum smoke gray. One of the other members said it's a replacement for machine gray and is the same color. I found it at Lowes today.

Mark

Edited by Lighthorse 31
Add to