Reproducing Track Bands

Jeff Jensen

I do have something to share for anyone interested in belted tracks. I found this company in Reno, Nevada that makes replacement belting for Snow Cats. I spoke with Rich there and sent him a drawing but they require dimensions on there PDF to quote or make belts and that is a little above my ability right now. There is a pattern in there system for 3.5” Weasel belt already from years ago. 
    There belts are new high tensile (premium) strength material. Machine cut and the  cuts sealed. All holes are pre drilled or laser cut. It was some time since we spoke and some details are not clear to my memory. 
    I’ve planned to get back to them when I’m ready but maybe someone can use this information now and knows how to create the pattern on the PDF. 

This company also can refurbished wheels and sprockets but this is most likely done with urethane. Following is the contact information. He is very informative and they have experience in  the belting for tracks. 

Rich Cummins                                        
rich@fallline.com                                 
800-325-5463                   
www.fallline.com

I have not purchased anything from them yet but they seem to have the knowledge and experience we would be interested in. 

• Like 2

I have a friend in a local danish company who works with manufactoring belts and vulcanize rubber on steel.

Any info and meassurments needed would be highly appreciated.

Also, if any in europe has a trackshoe for reference they would be willing to part with, i will give it an effort to see what can be done

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this????

Said the new Weasel owner with French style tracks that are rusted and broken apart.

Starting to take apart the broken track links. A little bit here and there and hope that someone has a plan for when I finally get ready for the tracks on project. Going to have a Large Pile of broken motorcycle links that rusted out and broke that I removed. My local recycling company is going to love it. LOL

Stay Safe Everyone.

Later 42rocker

• 5 weeks later...

@nwarcadeI am waiting for my first set of bands from the vendor.  They are continuous band and designed for French style tracks, but assuming everything works as expected, I am planning to make bands available for Type 2 and Type 3 as well. 

For what its worth, I do have a set of Snake River bands for the Type 3...that I am also going to be installing - will be double checking measurements etc.

I hope to have the bands before Thanksgiving and then it will take a bit to put the tracks together and test them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I have not finished them - either project!  But, I am heading out to my shop shortly to, among other things, take apart another 20 grousers.  I have probably 50 apart - so roughly half way done.  The bands are in - they look great, as do the elevator bolts.  I need to focus!

Pics later.

• Like 1