OZM29C

5 hours ago, 5280Beltfed said:

I’m one of those gear heads always drilling holes in the flange of a thermostat. Helps the engine burp after a big meal

@5280Beltfed I picked up my new 160F high flow thermostat this morning. It has the bypass hole in it. Note the packaging, it says “performance”😄

6C6D1F36-A85B-47EE-AA38-989A0D8BFFAD.jpeg

Edited by OZM29C
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since my last update. Yesterday weather wise turned out to be a great day for painting so I managed to get two coats of paint on the outside of my track aprons. One coat to go now. Also I had time to install the Cordomatic spotlight reel and pistol grip.

14June2021 (1).JPG

14June2021 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Your weasel restoration is amazing. Thank you so much for the great pictures and taking so much time to document the work. I'm sure you have saved and will save weasel owners lots of time and frustration.  

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Patrick Tipton said:

Congrats John!  One more box checked off.👍

@Patrick Tipton Thanks Patrick, I am working towards having the weasel ready for November where I will be taking it to an event with a large gathering of Military Amphibians. There will be an official launching ceremony for the weasel at Clarence Town. Distinguished guests will include, my offsiders dog, a GPA owners 'Wilson' the soccer ball and a young boy whose Grandfather is  bringing him along to the event especially to see a weasel😀.

• Like 2

The best part of shows or having my military vehicle at my store on display is to give a kid permission to sit in it. The look of awe, the stare, it's great. Hope all is ready for November.   I cant believe they give you plates for your weasel. Not in my state (Illinois)  no title, no tires = no way.  Do you know how cool it would be to go through the drive through in a weasel?

Dave

Edited by RAS1

This weekends weasel fun was to apply the final coat of OD to the drivers side and then apply the stencils. For the purists, before jumping up and down saying the stencils are positioned incorrectly, this weasel is a representation of a weasel that rolled off the Letterkenny Ord Depot production line in the 50's. Paint was Semi gloss OD, stencils were white and as far as I can tell from looking at photos of Letterkenny weasels, stencils were applied/positioned at random. Now onto the passenger side.

IMG_4315.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Dan @M29 and Patrick @Patrick Tipton. Driving the weasel is a bit limited at the moment as I don't have any seats for it. Just the seat backs. Plus I still have some more painting to finish. The seat canvas is on the water from the UK and should be here by the end of this month. I am also working on my 5 tonne truck to carry the weasel around to shows and events. Again I will have it back on the road soon. My weasel looks a bit different from when I first got it.

DSCN0012(16).JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

On the weekend I applied the final coat of O D to the passenger side complimented by the stencils. I also  fitted 12mm thick high density  foam to the seat backs in lieu of the old horse hair/ felt pads. 3 done, one to go. My new irJohn and Mary Worthing canvas seat covers and seat back covers should be in country any day now.

993123372_JWOne.thumb.jpeg.b587d0860752d5a8823db6c56db70841.jpegJw2.thumb.jpeg.eb58551e601dae1aad1f10232ef28386.jpeg

10 hours ago, Patrick Tipton said:

Thanks John....on the mend.  Should be back in the shop by the weekend. 

@Patrick TiptonThanks Patrick, the photos are much easier on the eye now. Good to hear that you are on the mend. We are in lockdown at present with a figure of 70 to  80% vaccination rate being quoted before the easing of some restrictions. I am off to get my second AZ jab today so I have played my part in a minuscule way to beat this virus. Look forward to viewing the weasel videos again.

• Like 1

Spent the day with a plan to fit the four seatbelts. Unfortunately only got one belt in. The canvas was treated for mildew (looks like cosmoline) back in 54 and it made the canvas straps very hard to push through the buckles. Some choice words made me feel better 😄. For the purists, the belts are not OEM weasel but they look the parts. @Patrick TiptonPatrick, what is a G125? My new John and Mary Worthing UK seat and seat back covers arrive in country this week. 

B0247170-6ED5-4252-BF04-463BD3DA3417.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

I have fitted my new John and Mary Worthing Canvasco UK seat back covers complimented by my NOS seat cushions that I purchased back in 2002. Unfortunately I could not fit the new Canvasco seat covers to the nos wire sprung seat cushion as they have been made to fit a parallel seat top whereas my Nos seat bases tapers front (high side) to the rear (low side). The colour of the new and nos canvas is close so I will leave them in place for the time being. I have also fitted my seat belts. Not OEM but they look the part.

A27DD4F5-8337-41E2-AF11-A29F73A3F588.jpeg

I have fitted a standard N70ZZ single battery to the weasel which although is not OEM is far more practical. Where the second battery should go I made a wooden storage box to the same size as the battery. Last but not least I had to shorten the battery retainer by 30mm to accommodate the smaller battery. Don’t worry the battery retainer is a repo. 

423FDA0C-3D71-4EBB-BE4F-0920A4266EE2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...